(as of May 04,2018 08:18:04 UTC – Details)
Bring the power of today’s railroading to your HO layout with the WalthersMainline General Electric Evolution series diesels. Introduced in 2005 to comply with tougher emission standards, and more known among railfans and modelers as GEVOs, these big engines have quickly become one of the most popular locos worldwide. Designated as the ES44 (Evolution Series, 4,400 horsepower), prototype variations in North American service include locos with DC or AC traction motors and buyers have also specified center idler axles, as well as high adhesion or steerable trucks.
Features of the models include:
• Limited edition – one time run of these roadnumbers!
• Model today’s railroading at WalthersMainline prices – the most popular prototype diesel in North America
• Thousands in service from 2003 to the present
• Factory-Installed sound for DCC and DC layouts with: 16-Bit digital quality sound, Horn and short horn toot, Bell, Prime mover
• Correct profile radiator grilles & roof-top walkway surface details
• Easily handles 18″ radius curves (22″ or larger recommended)
• Six powered axles per unit
• LED Lighting includes:
• High or low headlight per prototype
• Working front ditch lights
• Three truck styles to match prototypes:
• Standard high-adhesion
• C4 A1A center idler axle
• Fully assembled
• Same powerful drive as WalthersProto(R) locos featuring:
• Five-pole skew-wound motor
• 14:1 gear ratio
• Helical-cut gears for quiet operation and easy multiple unit operation
• All-wheel drive and electrical pickup
• Dual machined brass flywheels
• Heavy die-cast metal chassis
• Constant and directional lights
• Molded drill starter points for grab irons (sold separately)
• RP-25 metal wheels
• Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplersExpertly designed by Walthers Mainline.
Easy to use.
True to life detail.